Monday, October 24, 2016

Fed the flock a lot of butternut squash today.  The seeds are supposed to be a natural de-wormer.  I hope so, because I'm out of nasturtiums.  10 Chicken eggs, and 4 duck eggs.  I let Maezee into the garden without checking for chickens.  She got a hold of a Rogue Red's tail, and I got a hold of Maezee's tail, and that gave the RR time to fly to the top of the fence and back over to her own yard.  Chester gave her hell for being in the garden, as usual.  She ran to the coop.  Maybe he gave her a time out, too.

Today was take the pups to the woods day.  I took Maezee first and she did very well.  She got a drink from the creek, barked at an invisible thing on the hill at Turkey Run, and she ran through the big Sycamore leaves as fast as she could.  She wasn't thrilled with the truck ride, so she sat next to me as close as she could get without being directly on my lap.  On the way back she was a little more relaxed.  She didn't want to jump back into the truck, so I gave her a lift up.  Maybe next time.  It's a tall truck.

I took Jewel after Maezee.  Jewel was a whole different story.  Just as good, but in a robust way.  She didn't just drink from the creek, she jumped in, and then jumped out just as quick.  She went everywhere she smelled Maezee had been.  When it was time to head back, I patted the truck seat and she jumped in the truck like she had done it a million times.  She rode with her head out the passenger side for a bit, but she ended up riding over my shoulders looking out the drivers window most of the way.  I think she'd drive if I let her.

I think I can take Merlin next time, and they'll be fine.  I just hate to leave one by herself while we go.  But until I'm sure they aren't going to fight, then this is the way.  I'm way more okay with it than I thought I'd be because I'm seeing their true personalities now where as before only a tiny bit was coming out with their constant playing with each other or chasing Merlin.  They pay attention so much better apart, it's amazing!

Tonight at bedtime Maezee did not want to go in the kennel.  First time.  She went over to the corner where Jewel has been sleeping.  I think it's best to keep her in her own space at night instead of bringing her in with us.  I don't want her to be totally alienated from her pack.




No comments:

Post a Comment