Monday, October 10, 2016

Seven chicken eggs and four duck eggs!  I hadn't looked hard enough to find Miss Mallard's eggs on last Friday, so today I decided to be brave and feel around in the nest she had covered so well.  BINGO!  However, I've still not found anymore of the Miss Indian Runner eggs.  She's either quit or is hiding them in the yard somewhere.

I'm doing the news a little early tonight because it's Monday and that means The Voice is on and I'm hooked, and the new show Timeless right after. So right before The Voice comes on I go out and do closing time.  If anything worth telling about happens, rest assured, I'll edit the post.

I cut several squash in half today and fed them to the flock.  They are nothing but shells of squash skin scattered about the yard, now.  Maybe in the spring I'll have volunteers coming up all over the yard, if you get my drift.  They're heirloom squash, so it's cool.

As soon as I get the comb, Jewel runs and gets up on the picnic table to be the first in line.  Merlin gets his Frisbee and stands as close as he can, hitting me with it, and growling to play, jealous.  He eventually gives up as Jewel gets into it, lays down belly side up and her eyes roll to the back of her head.  Then, generally, Merlin gets up when I pat Jewel and say, "All done!"  He turns himself around to where ever he wants the attention paid.  While he's getting his, Maezee hops up and waits in line.  Most of the time, patiently, but if she's in a hurry for hers, she will help with Merlin's ears, so she thinks.  Aussie hair is harder to comb when it's wet and curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment