Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm a slacker.  Didn't collect the eggs today other than 3 duck eggs I found when I went to turn over the bedding.  But, I saw hens in and out of the coop all day, so I'm betting between 7-10 chicken eggs.

The flock is loving the squash!  And especially the seeds.  I just read that the seeds are good for deworming them naturally.  So is nasturtium, but mine are dying down.  I'll give them the nasturtium after the squash is gone.

California Chick stayed in the yard all day.  I think she's liking the extra stuff like squash.  I've noticed why it is that she likes to roam...the others run her off from the feed, so she roams the yard, and the grass is always greener ya know.

The drakes are chasing the hens ducks like crazy!  I never dreamed they would be so aggressive.  But it's funny to watch them try to run after each other.  Run waddling, not graceful.

The pups are still all fluff from their bath yesterday. I didn't let them into the garden today for obvious reasons.  And when they come in the house they have to check out the tub, so funny.  Merlin checks it out, too, but he hates baths.

I picked a few red tomatoes today.  The Black Krim are really taking off it seems and the frost will probably get them soon.

When it cools off a bit more I'll be starting on putting up the feed sacks inside the coop.  Probably the next time I muck it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment