Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Opening time is a flurry of feathers and feet, every morning, never fails.  I really do need to video all that action one of these days.

Nine chicken eggs and three duck eggs.  The coop was mucked out today double fast with the help of Mr. Dean and his big tractor.  Always greatly appreciated!  And after we got the old out, I put new bedding in and added feed sacks to the walls.  I think California Chick liked this new addition.  She came in and supervised for a bit.  I hope they all appreciate the new freshness and bright colors.  It beats painting!

After watching the debates tonight, I'm doing a write in for my Red Hen Emily and California Chick as her running mate.  Emily would be a great president, and California Chick would add some flare.  Chester could be campaign manager and PR, he's good at keeping everyone in line and intervenes when there's a disagreement between parties.  He's organized and prompt.  He's the man behind the women.  I like that.  And he respects the Warrior Goddess in them all.

I think Jewel is going through her teenager stage.  She's decided she wants to sleep in Merlin's spot the last few days. And before she was going to bed so smoothly...ah...Maezee is taking notes.  Not good.

At closing time, Merlin went to the yard with me and only the ducks and geese were left to go in.  I gave him the signal and he went straight at it.  It took maybe a whole 30 seconds for those ducks and geese to high tail it through the big red door.

No comments:

Post a Comment