Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Five chicken eggs and two duck eggs.  At closing time I saw all of the Welsh Harlequin ducks go under the roosting deck, so it may actually be one of them laying, too! Welsh, Mallards, Indian Runners OH MY!

At opening time I feed them a bucket of chicken feed.  Lately I've been sprinkling it along an old sidewalk that's hidden under the grass that lead to the old outhouse they used back in the olden days.  It won't be long and all this pecking will have that whole sidewalk uncovered!  Super cool!

I should probably do an opening time every night, too, along with the closing time antics.  It's a crazy train when they fly out of that coop in the mornings!

The pups personalities are so so different from one another.  Jewel isn't afraid to go after anything, and listens so so.  Maezee is shy and listens to everything you say and how you say it.  She's a sit and wait kind of dog, too.  If someone comes in the drive, she runs to the back door and sits until Merlin and Jewel have it figured out.  When I let them out of their cage to go outside, Maezee will sit in front of the door until I open it.  Jewel is bitin' at the bit to get out or in!  She's also hilarious, and I think she knows it.  Merlin started out like Jewel is now.  I'm sure she's going to be his mini me for life.  Maezee is going to be a real sweet heart, just like Maggie was.  Well, unless you surprise her or piss her off.  Then she'll bark to let you know she's watching you.  That's my pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment