Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Ten chicken eggs and three duck eggs.  I'm not sure if I've told this little funny yet, if so, sorry, but here it is again.  There's a Rogue Red and one of the Welsh Harlequin drakes that have a fight at least once a day.  The RR gets her neck feathers all twisted up and starts to flog the WH drake, and he arches his neck and wiggles his tail real fast, they chase each other around for a bit and then call a truce.  I'm not sure there's ever a winner, but today one of the geese had had her fill of it and she broke it up, sent RR and WH running in the opposite directions.

I'm finding I'm spreading myself a little thin with chores and things that need done before winter, like bringing in the plants.  Still didn't get those plants in today!  Dang it!  Tomorrow.  Between making sure Maezee goes out before an accident.  Letting her get play time in with her sister, on opposite sides of the fence, and with Merlin, too.....wow..... It's not been easy, but it's very rewarding.

Today Maezee went with Sam and me to check out what the loggers had logged.  Maezee is very cautious, but when getting back into the truck today she did her best to jump up in.  I gave her a little push, she was so happy.  She also had fun and we had a good laugh at how she runs as fast as she can in that big open space to you when you call her.  She always looks like her rear end is going to pass her front end, but all shows up in the right order.

If it doesn't rain too much, I'll take Jewel and Merlin together to the back in the next few days.  The weekend is suppose to be nice.

I picked tomatoes today, even from the late row had eight nice ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment