Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The top news story tonight is that I had to re-home Jewel Weed.  Like the articles all said, it's rare that once they start fighting because of Littermate Syndrome, most have to re-homed.

It's a neat story how she ended up where she is, though.  I had taken Maezee Mae to see my mom at Knollwood today, and the hair dresser there, Mary, loved her and said her son wanted an Aussie because he just recently had to put his Sheltie of 15 years down.

Then when I got home with a muzzle to try and see if that would keep them from fighting/biting, and didn't work, I messaged Sandy, where Maezee and Jewel came from, and she gave me a name and I was blown away!!!  It was Mary from Knollwood, rather her husband.  SYNCHRONICITY!!!!!  I love it!  I cried most of the time they were here, but that couldn't be helped.  Jewel acted like she had known Mary and her son for forever.  It was perfect!

Seven chicken eggs, four duck eggs.

Maezee and Merlin aren't acting like anyone is missing, so they must know it was to be.  Apparently, dogs know about synchronicity.

I had a glass of wine to calm my nerves.  Another happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, to hear this. I have never heard of littermate syndrome. I wonder if it happens with cats? We took sister kittens and at some point in early adulthood they took extreme dislike to each other. It never got better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it does. But I just researched it on dogs. Seems like I read comments under the articles that mentioned cats, though. MEOW!

    ReplyDelete