Saturday, October 15, 2016

Seven chicken eggs and four duck eggs!  They are really loving box #1 in the top row.  I think it's the California's that started this new trend.  Go figure, it always starts in California.  Two of the duck eggs were green/blue and two were cream colored.  So, without having seen them sitting, I'm not really sure who the cream colored ones belong to.  It makes no difference, they all taste good.  I should be up and running full speed again on my eggs in a few week if this keeps up.

When Jaime and I got back from the Pike County Color drive we went out and I threw some feed at them.  I then went and picked up one of the Welsh Harlequin's because it's head seems to be getting darker the last couple of days just like the other one. Yep, sure enough, I saw some dark green on it's face.  Hummmm......they were born two days apart....so now I'll change the story to two hen WH's and two drake WH's.  Lets keep it this way.

Maezee took to Jaime like she'd known her all her life.  I've not seen her do that before!  She's usually much more shy.  Merlin and Jewel.....well, were Merlin and Jewel.  What can I say?  They are two peas in a pod.

Sam picked apples yesterday and the girls had fun taking the buckets off the patio out into the yard and scattering apples every place.  'Course ya want to think Jewel right off the bat, right?  Nope, I witnessed Maezee taking the very first one and taking a bite out of it.  I threw that one to the chicken yard.  Same with the squash, Maezee loves her fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment